The Orange County Reading Association (OCRA) is a professional organization of teachers, administrators, reading specialists, paraprofessionals, and others interested in the teaching of reading and the improvement of literacy at all levels.
The Orange County Reading Association
- UNITES – Literacy professionals working for the welfare of children.
- SHARES – New trends in literacy, research, and practice through social media and events.
- SUPPORTS – Professional learning through workshops, conferences, publications and special projects.
- CELEBRATES – Special contributions to literacy in our schools and communities.
- ENGAGES – In state, national, and international activities sponsored by the California Reading Association and the International Literacy Association.
The Orange County Reading Association offers:
- Concurrent membership to the California Reading Association
- Affordable professional development opportunities
- OCRA certification for professional development
- California Reader subscription
- Networking and leadership opportunities
We are a local council of the California Reading Association (CRA) and the International Literacy Association (ILA). We have achieved honor council status from ILA for over 30 consecutive years!
For questions, contact us: readwithOCRA@gmail.com