The Orange County Reading Association (OCRA) is a professional organization of teachers, administrators, reading specialists, paraprofessionals, and others interested in the teaching of reading and the improvement of literacy at all levels.
The Orange County Reading Association
- UNITES – Literacy professionals working for the welfare of children.
- SHARES – New trends in literacy, research, and practice through social media and events.
- SUPPORTS – Professional learning through workshops, conferences, publications and special projects.
- CELEBRATES – Special contributions to literacy in our schools and communities.
- ENGAGES – In state, national, and international activities sponsored by the California Reading Association and the International Literacy Association.
The Orange County Reading Association offers:
- Concurrent membership to the California Reading Association
- Affordable professional development opportunities
- OCRA certification for professional development
- California Reader subscription
- Networking and leadership opportunities
For questions, contact us: readwithOCRA@gmail.com