Free digital picture books in English and Spanish at Unite for Literacy .
Access free digital articles for grades K-6 at Time for Kids.
Thousands of books and resources available to view at epic! when you register for a free account. Teachers have free access and parents get 30 days for free with a registered account.
With a free account, you get 5 book downloads a month for free at Free-eBooks.net. A wide range of books for all ages!
Free access to articles best suitable for grades 3-12 at CommonLit.org. Free accounts are available to teachers, students and families.
Award Nominations Needed
Each year, the Orange County Reading Association (OCRA) proudly recognizes one deserving classroom teacher, school principal, literacy coach or other educator in Orange County who exemplifies OCRA’s spirit of outstanding leadership in literacy.
Do you have an outstanding colleague to nominate? Would you like to nominate yourself? Fill out the nomination form by Sunday, October 18, 2020.
- Must be an Orange County teacher, principal, literacy coach, or teacher educator
- Must exhibit leadership skills, collaborative interactions, effective teaching practices, and successful teaching/learning relationships with students and teachers
- Awarded money must be spent with in two months of receiving the award at the annual fall conference
- Awarded money must be used for the purpose of literacy promotion for the school or classroom
- Recipient must send in 4 photos that display how the money was spent to be posted on OCRA’s web page: www.ocreading.org
Online Learning Resources
OCRA has put together some of our favorite resources to help support parents & teachers through this difficult time. Please reach out to us if you have any questions. We’re here to help! readwithOCRA@gmail.com